• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

Your Go-To Meal to Impress Your Spouse/Lover . . .

A

anonamoss

What is your go-to meal plan when you are trying to impress a spouse, lover or potential love interest?

MINE:

Appetizer:

Tomato Basil Salad

My go-to appetizer is a tomato and basil salad with goat cheese and a light vinaigrette. It's super easy to make and looks so pretty on the plate. This salad doesn't contain lettuce. It only contains about 2-3 tomato slices.

Entree:

I'm a pescatarian , but my boyfriend is not. I prepare a steak with lemon-garlic- herb butter. I take small red potatoes and top them with chives and sauteed shrimp. I usually take that lemon-garlic butter and use it on Salmon for myself.

Dessert:

I take big organic strawberries and dip them in gourmet white chocolate. Simple, sweet, light and beautiful.

J

jovan107

My go to meal plan for my fiance is mostly traditional meals we both grew up eating.

Appetizer:

Is a fruit and vegetable salad made with mango, kale, pineapple, bell peppers, a touch of red onion, and celery.

Entree: My fiance's favorite meal is curry chicken and Roti served with a 1/2 cup of white rice.

Dessert: Red velvet cake or traditional sponge cake with royal icing.

N

Nakhash

My go-to meal for my ex when I wanted to butter him up was:

Caesar salad (I cheated on the dressing because my attempts at making it have been less than stellar)

Homemade lasagna. Made my own sauce with ground beef and hot Italian sausage, layers of ricotta mixed with egg and Parmesan cheese, and plenty of mozzarella.

Fresh strawberries marinated in either an orange liqueur or Amaretto and whipped cream.

A

anonamoss

My go to meal plan for my fiance is mostly traditional meals we both grew up eating.

Appetizer:

Is a fruit and vegetable salad made with mango, kale, pineapple, bell peppers, a touch of red onion, and celery.

Entree: My fiance's favorite meal is curry chicken and Roti served with a 1/2 cup of white rice.

Dessert: Red velvet cake or traditional sponge cake with royal icing.
This sounds amazing. I especially love the red velvet cake. I'm working on perfecting my recipe. I have the cake down, but i'm working on replicating a rich cream cheese icing that I had the pleasure of eating months ago. Your salad also sounds really good. I'd like to try this for myself one day.

@Nakhash

That dessert sounds amazing.

T

TequilaShotsAtTheBar

Stuffed peppers with a meat/rice mixture and a parmesan crust on top. Sometimes I only fill it with meat and such then put it over a bed of rice to mix things up.

A

anonamoss

Stuffed peppers with a meat/rice mixture and a parmesan crust on top. Sometimes I only fill it with meat and such then put it over a bed of rice to mix things up.
That's an interesting twist. Usually people just use bread crumbs. I love that idea too. A friend of mine made a great stuffed pepper with soy meat crumbles (they taste better than they sound), herb coucous, and a cheese layer. It wasn't a crust like your though. I will have to try this one day. ;)

D

dissn_it

I always go with chicken divan. It seems very elegant but it is not difficult to make at all.
1 lb broccoli floret (steamed)
14 cup butter
14 cup flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
18 tsp nutmeg
12 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsps dry sherry (white wine)
2 lbs chicken breast (cooked and sliced)
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9X13 glass dish or shallow casserole.
2 In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add flour. Stir for one minute.
3 Add the broth and milk gradually until the sauce is thickened.
4 Add the nutmeg, half of the cheese and the sherry or wine. Stir until the cheese melts and remove from heat.
5 Place the broccoli in the prepared pan or dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over it.
6 Place the chicken slices evenly over the cheese. Pout the cheese sauce over the chicken and broccoli.
7 Bake about 30 minutes, or until slightly bubbly and golden brown.

P

Pocs

My meal is also one of my favorites, so it's a win win for me.

App:
French bread with warm crab

Entree:
Grilled T bone (mid rare, of course)
Sautéed diver scallops
Twice baked garlic potatoes

Dessert:
Carmel topped cheese cake

H

Hilt

A good Caesar salad can go a long way in our place, but so can lasagna (and its only a specialty dinner). At this rate this week is going we will be having it either Friday or Saturday. This past weekend he worked from eight in the morning until almost one in the morning on Saturday, this week he needs to be there on Friday night a little before midnight. :(

W

writer811

When I want to really impress someone, I make a loaf of bread (For bread and butter) fruit salad with heavy syrup, and pizza. Actual, homemade pizza. I make the dough and everything. For dessert, I make something I call a Golden Shake. I don't know the actual name for it, I just know it's a popular drink in Asia.

T

TequilaShotsAtTheBar

That's an interesting twist. Usually people just use bread crumbs. I love that idea too. A friend of mine made a great stuffed pepper with soy meat crumbles (they taste better than they sound), herb coucous, and a cheese layer. It wasn't a crust like your though. I will have to try this one day. ;)

I mix breadcrumbs into the meat mixture itself to give it a little extra crunch without being overbearing.

B

BobbyBoberry

My wife is easy to please. She likes pinto beans, fried potatoes, saurkraut with Polish sausage and cornbread. We both love country food so we are perfect for each other.

O

ohiotom76

I would go italian and make a homemade red sauce with some meat, probably a braciole. If I was feeling really adventurous, I would make the pasta noodles from scratch, probably a homemade ravioli or manicotti. I would try to keep the whole meal a bit light though, nothing that will put us into a food coma, you know, in case the evening goes well and ... um ;-)