• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

Grilled Super Spud Casserole

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
  • 1/2 cup sharp grated cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
  • 2 cans cream of potato soup
  • 2 pound bag frozen hash browns
  • 1 bell pepper chopped
  • 2 cups chopped ham or pulled pork
  • 1 cup diced bacon
  • 8 ounces sour cream
Combine cheeses and reserve 1/4 cup of mixture
in a large bowl, mix soup, hash browns, bell pepper, ham or pork, bacon, and sour cream
Pour mixture into one 13x9 or larger pot, pan, dutch oven
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheeses over top of casserole
bake on grill or in smoker or oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees

Attachments

L

Laurasav

Wow, this sounds awesome! I'm big on starch foods - I love potatoes! This would make a great dish to take to a potluck or family/friend picnic. It's easy too - even better! I'm trying to decide what I'd like better as the meat - ham or pulled pork. Ham would be what you'd typically put with a cheesy hash brown casserole, but pulled pork sounds intriguing! Thanks for a great recipe!

B

Burg14

Yum! I would use ham - not a fan of pulled pork. I think I will try this for breakfast tomorrow. My family loves a big breakfast on Sunday morning and this sounds delicious to me. I even have everything here already!

G

grillqueen79

Definitely sounds like something my family would enjoy! I am pretty sure I have some cubed ham in the freezer that needs to be used so this might be dinner tommorrow!

B

BBQueen

This sounds totally awesome Jason. It's too bad that it is something I would probably never eat because of the high fat content. Maybe on one of my cheat days I can give it a try.

D

dissn_it

This sounds so good right now! I will be adding this recipe to my collection for sure. This would be really good to have for dinner, too. Thanks for another great recipe jason!

O

ohiotom76

Cool variation on Party Potatoes casserole. I usually make these with Cream of Mushroom soup, but some of my friends hate mushrooms. Cream of Potato sounds like it would work great as an alternative. The ham, bacon and bell pepper make it even more interesting. It's also good topped with crushed corn flakes.

J

jovan107

This recipe sounds very delicious. It has been a few weeks since I made Casserole. This recipe seems very easy to recreate. I will definitely give it a try.

S

shaun

Cheese, cream, potatoes, bacon, meat mixed together and baked in the oven - you can't go wrong! I'd rather use fresh potatoes and stock instead of the frozen hash browns and potato soup, though. But that's because I'm a food snob and I like to cook from scratch.

G

grillqueen79

I ran across this thread again last week so I made it again. I used ham again instead of pulled pork, but I also added some diced green onions, jalapenos, and bacon...it was awesome!

G

grillin_n_chillin

Jason, that casserole sounds awesome! Grillqueen79, I love your idea of adding onions and jalapenos; that would be a great way to "sneak" some veggies into it!

B

ber4

I have everything for this so I'm going to make it to go along with my "homemade coated" chicken. If the chicken fails at least I will have scrumptious potatoes! Thanks for the recipe!

O

Over Easy

Copy.........paste and...........Print. If it looks delicious on paper, which this does, it's going to taste even better. I'm a big fan of potatoes and this sounds right up my alley. Thanks for that.

wynters

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.ru

wynters

laterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.ru
partialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.ru
reinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.ru
tappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru