• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

Spicy roasted chicken

S

shaun

I came up with this recipe last night.

4-5 cloves of garlic
1 scotch bonnet chilli
1-2 fresh chillies
Tsp smoky paprika
1 inch of fresh turmeric or 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
S&P
Juice of a lime

Pound the garlic and chillies in a pestle & mortar, add the spices, and mash up with the lime juice.
Slash and score skinned chicken thighs and drumsticks, rub the marinade into the chicken and leave overnight or for a few hours.
Roast in the oven on a bed of sliced onion and sliced tomatoes.

B

BBQueen

That sounds absolutely amazing! I wish I would have had this recipe when I made my chicken leg quarters last night. I would have used it. We adore spicy food in this household and I like to try new things.

M

MissPeggy

I'm not much for really spicy foods but the rest of my family loves it. I have copied and printed this recipe out and will give it a try and see how they like it. I'm thinking they are going to love it.

R

reycags

Woah, amazing recipe there, gotta try this one with some of the meats here.

M

Mrs. Rogers

That sounds pretty yummy! I love it and it sounds like it would be good on pork too!

B

beckyv1265

I like spicy just not too hot. If the spice is all you taste its too much for me. Having my mouth burn is not a pleasure. Those look like some hot chilis.

wynters

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulse