• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

Italian Marinated Chicken

R

rayne

My daughter bought fresh chicken breasts on sale and split them up into family sized packages. Before she put them in the freezer, she poured italian dressing in the zip lock bag with the meat. Now, when preparing for a meal, all she has to do is thaw and grill and they are delicious. I thought that was a great idea.

B

Burg14

I never thought of freezing them in Italian dressing. How well does the dressing freeze? I do marinate a lot of times in just Italian dressing but I've never froze it before.

D

dconklin

I have marinated chicken before putting it in the freezer before. I have not tried it with Italian dressing tho. Perdue sells chicken breasts that are marinated to be frozen or refrigerated, that is where I got the idea to marinade before freezing. I don't buy Perdue marinaded chicken breasts tho as they are quite expensive for what they are!

R

rayne

Believe it or not, the italian dressing does very well in the freezer. It stays in a sort of semi-liquid state and as the chicken is thawing out, it permeates even further into the meat. It's quick and easy after a long day.

D

dconklin

Believe it or not, the italian dressing does very well in the freezer. It stays in a sort of semi-liquid state and as the chicken is thawing out, it permeates even further into the meat. It's quick and easy after a long day.
I believe it! I will have to try some next time I freeze some chicken breasts. I love Italian dressing too so I am sure that this will be delicious. I have marinaded things with Italian dressing, just never froze them with the dressing.

C

Caryn

This is something that I never thought about doing. I love the idea though. I usually marinade the chicken the same day that I am going to grill the chicken. It sure would make it easier to marinade it ahead of time and put it in the freezer. I am going to try doing this. Thank you for sharing this.

R

R. Paradon

WOW! What a great idea! I have a tendency to buy to much chicken to use at one time and it usually goes into the freezer until I am ready for it! I will have to do this. I imagine it will be OK to use other dressings as well.

D

dissn_it

I have used the italian dressing as a marinade but didn't even think about freezing it with the chicken. I have also used a greek salad dressing which was delicious. With all the new dressing flavors there would be lots to try to do this with. I think I would avoid creamy types of dressings for freezing. I think dressings would be better than a true marinade for a freezer marinade. The dressing would be less likely to overdo it when it comes to flavoring the meat.

S

shaun

The ingredients in the bottled Italian dressings sold in the grocery store are ghastly and have nothing to do with Italy. I would prefer to make my own marinade with fresh ingredients. Preparing a homemade marinade takes minutes and tastes much better.

D

dkramarczyk

I will definitely have to try this out. My husband and I just started grilling, but we understand the basics, we just need some new recipes to try out and this is definitely going to be at the top of my list!

D

dkramarczyk

I just thought I'd update you, I did try this recipe and it was absolutely amazing. It was the best chicken I ever had. I loved how the Italian dressing gave it a nice, smooth flavor, with an occasional tangy taste. It was so great. I will definitely be making this a lot this summer. And it was so easy to make!

T

taskeinc

Marinating and freezing in Italian dressing sounds easy and sounds like an excellent idea. That's one I have to try. Never been big on Italian dressing because it's a little too tangy for me, but I can see how it would definitely bring out additional flavor after marinating then putting on the grill. I've started to make note of these wonderful recipes because I don't want to forget. Also want to surprise my guest. They will think I'm G. Garvin on the grill.