• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

Grilled Grilled pizza

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
A lot have asked about it, so here is the wife's recipe.

Pizza dough

4-5 cups of flour
1 can or bottle of beer (should measure out to be 1½ cups)
¼ cup milk
¼ cup butter
2 table spoons of sugar
3teaspoons dry yeast
10 grinds or shacks of salt ( I use my salt grinder that I put on the
table for dinner)

Beer needs to be lukewarm if cold I warm it in microwave for 30
seconds at a time till it becomes lukewarm
Mix yeast with beer in large bowl or bread machine 2 or 3 times and
let it sit for 10 min to let yeast set up
Melt butter mix butter with milk this should make worm mix and add it
to beer and yeast
Then add sugar, salt and flour (flour should be added in sections not
all at once )
Knead until dough ball forms it should be nice and sticky
Roll I a thin layer of flour wrap and refrigerate until cold
Once it is cold separate in to four sections and stat to stretch you r
pizza dough

Toppings on pizza
Pesto light layer ( to much sauce of any kind can over power the
flavor of the pizza)
Fresh sliced tomatoes
Fresh sliced mozzarella
Mushrooms
Spinach
Onion
zucchini

When building pizza spread topping out evenly with out covering the in
tire pizza with just one topping.

Preheat grill to 325 to 350

I use an air bake pan I have found it helps the crust get to the
desired crunch that I want
But you can use any pan u have

U can all so cook the in the oven on a ceramic tile on the low rack
By placing the rack at the bottom of the oven and putting the tile on the rack

Pizza is all so good made with marinara sauce and pepperoni

egg1.jpg

D

dconklin

Nice, she let you share :)
Thank you for sharing! I have made homemade breads and pies, but I have never made homemade pizza crust. Sounds delicious, I will definitely have to try this one. I bet the whole family will like this, I better make a few.

R

rbaker_59

I have made all kinds of bread, but not with the beer before. I will definitely have to try this one. I sounds so yummy.

C

Caryn

Thank you so much for sharing this pizza recipe. I am looking forward to trying it out. I have made pizza on the grill before but it was a frozen pizza that we didn't care for after grilling it. This fresh pizza sounds really good.

R

R. Paradon

Thanks jason! Sounds like a great recipe. I would not even think of using beer for the liquid but I bet is makes a great crust! Does your wife have any more great recipes!

F

FireBrick

I am surprised to see that beer is on the list of ingredients! It never occurred to me that you can use beer for a pizza dough. It sounds really interesting. I like pizza with veggie topping, so I guess your recipe is a must-try one.

C

Clarence Schreiber

Sounds great. I might have to adjust toppings a little and add a few things to it. We never did pizza on the grill. I have heard others done it and turn out great. Now we might have to do it sometime. Thank for sharing the recipe.

B

BBQueen

I make this all the time, but I tend to just put it right on the grill grates. I just make sure that the dough is well oiled with olive oil on the side that touches the grates. There is nothing better than a pizza with that open fire taste. Thanks for sharing the recipe for the dough though, I usually just buy premade.

M

MsrCfsg

I just asked for this recipee in your random pictures thread. Bookmarked and Saved. Thank you for sharing this and disregard my request in the other thread.

I

iArvee

I once had a mini-grilled pizza. I don't think it was called a pizza, it was sort of like a sandwich that looks like a pizza. Anyways, awesome pizza recipe. Might use it in our next BBQ!

L

Lucas Pham

One of my friend made a very special "egg pizza" for me, with the topping made from eggs. I think it will go well with the grilled pizza. Anyways thanks so much for the recipe, it sounds great and I will try this

D

dissn_it

Thank you, jason, for posting the recipe. I remember your other post and have been waiting patiently for it! I think the beer crust is going to be wonderful. I think we will have to try to make two pizzas. One with the pesto and the other with marinara sauce.
Thanks again!

S

soulglazed

Grilled pizza is great, I was hesitant with it for a while but I had a friend that kept recommending it and it's delicious! Thanks for the recipe, I've never used beer so I'm curious how that'll turn out.

S

shaun

I've never thought of cooking pizza on the grill. I have Italian family and they have a pizza oven in their garden in Naples, it cooks amazing pizza is 2 minutes. My favourite pizza topping is tomato, bazil and mozzarella, real pizza!

S

SarahLizzie

I am extremely excited to see this recipe! It was recently recommended for me to try grilling pizza for the picky eaters I have at home. Thank you, I am going to be making good use of your recipe this weekend! :)

J

Jenine

Finally, I don't have to go to California Pizza Kitchen to get good grilled pizza.

C

crj

Beer? Sounds cool. Getting drunk might come as a surprise if you serve these for your buddies!