• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

First Saturday of the Year BBQ

B

Burg14

That looked amazing! Where do you live? I can only dream of having lettuce from the garden (New York here). I can't believe that you only ate a couple of slices! I would have eaten way more than that!

Cappy

Burg please forgive me for rubbin' your nose in it but this time of the year is my time to brag. I am in extremely south Louisiana. Peggy and I just came in from the yard where we were weeding and cleaning up a lil we broke a sweat weeding our strawberry patch, and planting some stuff in a new bed that will be a privacy garden. We snacked on fresh citrus that we picked from our trees as we worked. Bananna leaves make great mulch and I wacked some down for the beds. Naturally the kittens all wanted to help it was a wonderful sunny afternoon Peggy originally from NY said it was like a summer day there. The rest of the roast got cubed up and found its way into a pot of Pinto beans that were amazing.

B

Bill Michaels

Very nice! As for the braggin', I wonder how you feel about all that warmth and humidity around August?
I think it was around -10C (14F) around here while you were enjoying your "summer day". I'm gonna have to build a shed for my gear if I want to eat anything decent during the winter. :rolleyes:

B

Burg14

Banana leaves as a mulch. Interesting! Mulch as in mulch for your flower beds or mulch to cover the ground to keep the weeds down (in the garden)? We use grass clippings for the weeds.

I would give anything for a hot summer day right now. I just got back in the house from sprinkling rock salt on our sidewalk and porch steps.

Reading your posts make me want spring and summer even more!

The beans and pork sound delicious! The perfect meal for a cold and damp night.

Cappy

Thanks you guys I am glad you enjoyed it. Yes I love up state New York in the summer, and thats typically when we visit. Doun here when temp and humidity both get over 90 it is very steamy. Thats when our kids who live up there all call and pick at us. Now is my time to crow:tongue:

wynters

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulse