• The bbqgeeks forum is moving to a new server! Posting will be closed until the move is complete.

5 great spices to use when grilling chicken

D

dconklin

I have never heard of Berbere either. I am not sure I ever had Aleppo Chili either. I know I have never cooked with it, but I am not sure if anybody has cooked with it. Mustard seeds I haven't thought to use for chicken either. I use ground mustard for deviled eggs (reminds me I need to buy more for Easter) and also for potato and macaroni salad. I do use Paprika a lot. I even put that on garlic bread sometimes.

I will have some experimenting to do!

C

Caryn

I have to say that I have never used any of these spices before except for paprika. I have used paprika a long time ago. I don't use any of these spices now. The ones that I use on a regular basis is garlic salt and pepper. I will have to try a couple of these to see how they change the flavor of my chicken. Thank you for sharing this.

F

FireBrick

I am not familiar with the spices except for paprika and tumeric. I have used these two in other recipes but not in grilled chicken. I enjoy experimenting and looking for different flavors though so I guess it won't hurt to try sprinkling my grilled chicken with these spices.

V

Victor Leigh

I normally grill my chicken with Satay gravy. Satay gravy is made with a blend of peanuts and coconut milk. Plus a handful of condiments according to taste. Some may like it spicy but satay gravy is usually on the sweet side.

S

soulglazed

Interesting article, I've never heard of berbere and haven't ever seen or tried aleppo chili so I'll have to keep an eye out. The other 3 are classic with chicken though, especially when balanced right.

B

Balsamic

I found the article interesting, but I already have enough spices, rubs, marinades and sauce ideas to keep me busy this season. Two new discoveries are both chili powders; have you ever used ancho or chipotle chili powder? If anyone has recipes please post them here. So far I've used it on grilled chicken, and as a marinade with olive oil, with good results.